Ugh...I have to leave in 15, maybe 20 minutes.
I groggily dressed myself and packed my Spanish textbook and notebook into my backpack. Checked my lv. 21 Aquarium on Facebook, then left the dorm room.
Why is it so dark out now? It's not USUALLY this dark when I leave for work. Odd.
Not wanting to cross the street and the long parking lot to reach my car, I called for a security guard to pick me up. After about five minutes, a white pickup truck pulled into the parking lot. Thinking it might be my ride, I opened the door to the passengers' side and smiled at the driver.
"Uh..." he said, giving me a funny look.
Wrong car!
The *real* security guard showed up seconds later, and I climbed into his car, embarrassed.
When we reached the athletic center, the door to the pool was locked. Weird...because according to my clock, I should have been at least five minutes late. People surely would have been there by then.
The security guard let me into an empty pool.
This is the strangest thing, I thought. Did I come too late? Were they here and gone already?
It took me about fifteen minutes after arrival to realize that I had come an hour early to work!
College doesn't make you smarter. >_>
- Maddi




No comments:
Post a Comment