Friday, June 11, 2010

I Exist!

Hey there!

I do, in fact, still exist. Things have been crazy as of late. I've been busy.

Here's what's been going on in my life: First of all, I'm ENGAGED!!! <33

*silly grin* On our one-year anniversary of dating, he took me to the beach. We had a picnic, explored the town, took lots of pictures, and splashed water at each other like little kids. As we were walking on the shoreline for the last time before leaving, he stooped down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I, of course, was ecstatic and didn't stop saying "Yes, yes, yes" until he picked me up and twirled me around on the beach.

Yes. I am happy. :D :D :D

We've set the wedding date for next year. Some people think we're still too young and that we need to finish college first...but I don't really care. Some confidence would be nice, but hey. People have married younger and been successful too. We've been through a lot together already, and I'm confident that God will carry us through.

In other news, I finally finished reading My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult. I don't even really know how I felt about it, mostly because I was foolish enough to see the movie first. If you plan on reading that book, do not--I repeat, do NOT--watch the movie. The ending in the movie was totally different from the one in the book. Key characters were also either left out or "sanitized", so to speak, in the movie version. *growls* I would love for the movie industry to come up with their own stories and leaves books alone for a while.

Speaking of books, I'm planning on writing one. Starting July 1st, I'm going to commit myself to writing one short story per month and then at the end of the 12-month period, put them into one volume for publication. More on that in my other blog, Mask and Unveiling to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday, June 11, 2010

I Exist!

Hey there!

I do, in fact, still exist. Things have been crazy as of late. I've been busy.

Here's what's been going on in my life: First of all, I'm ENGAGED!!! <33

*silly grin* On our one-year anniversary of dating, he took me to the beach. We had a picnic, explored the town, took lots of pictures, and splashed water at each other like little kids. As we were walking on the shoreline for the last time before leaving, he stooped down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I, of course, was ecstatic and didn't stop saying "Yes, yes, yes" until he picked me up and twirled me around on the beach.

Yes. I am happy. :D :D :D

We've set the wedding date for next year. Some people think we're still too young and that we need to finish college first...but I don't really care. Some confidence would be nice, but hey. People have married younger and been successful too. We've been through a lot together already, and I'm confident that God will carry us through.

In other news, I finally finished reading My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult. I don't even really know how I felt about it, mostly because I was foolish enough to see the movie first. If you plan on reading that book, do not--I repeat, do NOT--watch the movie. The ending in the movie was totally different from the one in the book. Key characters were also either left out or "sanitized", so to speak, in the movie version. *growls* I would love for the movie industry to come up with their own stories and leaves books alone for a while.

Speaking of books, I'm planning on writing one. Starting July 1st, I'm going to commit myself to writing one short story per month and then at the end of the 12-month period, put them into one volume for publication. More on that in my other blog, Mask and Unveiling to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote

" When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
"
- C.S. Lewis

Followers

Copyright Text