Thank God for weekends.
Yesterday Mark Nizer, a professional juggler, performed a show at campus. I can't begin to describe how amazing it was...but then, I'm a huge fan of pretty lights, 3-D images, and "Oooh, shiny!" moments.

Mark Nizer likes to play with lasers, toilet paper, unicycles, machetes, electric carving knives, and (of course) the traditional juggling ball. Memorable acts included juggling a bowling ball, an electrical carving knife, and a propane lighter at the same time; attaching lasers to a Chinese yo-yo and using it in the dark; juggling two machetes and eating/juggling an apple while on a unicycle; playing songs with his juggling balls on a mini-keyboard; etc.
Some parts were in 3-D, so we got these nifty glasses that some of us continued to play with after the show. (Myself included. Yes, I am a dork.) One of the funnier parts of the show was actually the credits, which basically made fun of us all for sitting there watching them just because they were in 3-D. Pssh...seriously, the letters were POPPING OUT AT US! How could I not stay for that?!
Anywho, after that I played cards and Catch Phrase with some friends/random people until ten minutes before curfew. Ran back to the dorm with my friend Caitlin and made it there just in time.
On the agenda today...
- Study date with my boyfriend
- Tailgate party
- Football game? (Do I really wanna watch us get obliterated by Alabama State? O.O)
- Movie night: The Princess Bride
Oh, yeah! And I've found a club!! There's a creative writing group called Scribblers that meets every Tuesday night. I went to their first meeting and loved it. They're very laid-back, fun people - they're talented, too! I wanna read some of my writing to them, but I dunno when. They're so good that my work seems so unimpressive. :(
Here's your video - "Live Life Loud" by Hawk Nelson. (Actually, no video. Just the song.)
Have a wonderful weekend!
- Maddi




No comments:
Post a Comment