Monday, September 21, 2009

Future's So Bright, I Gotta Wear Shades...

Hey, hey!

I'm so lazy when it comes to blogging. Part of that is because I've been so busy with homework and stuff. Argh.

But I'd be lying if I said that college life is *all* homework. Quite the contrary. I'm having a blast here with my new friends!

Here's what I've done thus far...(in no particular order)...

- Played in the fountain several times
- Watched "Digimon" for the first time (yes, I'm sheltered, I know :P)
- Had an X-Men movie marathon (we still haven't seen "Wolverine" yet, though)
- Went puddle jumping with my boyfriend...twice in one day
- Auditioned for the homecoming musical and made it! I'm in "Thank You Very Much" and a few other scenes :D
- Auditioned for the Pied Pipers' (a children's theatre group) and the chorus...but didn't make it. That's OK, though.
- Pigged out on Chinese food with my peeps
- Played cards in the student center

Yes, yes...you're probably thinking all of this is very mundane. We are in Searcy, after all.

The thing is, it's the people I've been hanging out with that makes moments like these so amazing. In the past month, I've been surrounded by more friends than I could have imagined I'd have here, and I'm so grateful for them. :)

Oh, yeah. And one more thing. I'm (hopefully) going to Japan this summer!! Me, my boyfriend Dale, and my childhood friend Caitlin learned about an overseas conversational English program called Let's Start Talking, and we're thinking that we'll do that next year! YAYYY!

Well...that's all I have for now. But of course I wouldn't leave you without a video. This one is "Strawberry Swing" by Coldplay. Enjoy!
- Maddi


No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday, September 21, 2009

Future's So Bright, I Gotta Wear Shades...

Hey, hey!

I'm so lazy when it comes to blogging. Part of that is because I've been so busy with homework and stuff. Argh.

But I'd be lying if I said that college life is *all* homework. Quite the contrary. I'm having a blast here with my new friends!

Here's what I've done thus far...(in no particular order)...

- Played in the fountain several times
- Watched "Digimon" for the first time (yes, I'm sheltered, I know :P)
- Had an X-Men movie marathon (we still haven't seen "Wolverine" yet, though)
- Went puddle jumping with my boyfriend...twice in one day
- Auditioned for the homecoming musical and made it! I'm in "Thank You Very Much" and a few other scenes :D
- Auditioned for the Pied Pipers' (a children's theatre group) and the chorus...but didn't make it. That's OK, though.
- Pigged out on Chinese food with my peeps
- Played cards in the student center

Yes, yes...you're probably thinking all of this is very mundane. We are in Searcy, after all.

The thing is, it's the people I've been hanging out with that makes moments like these so amazing. In the past month, I've been surrounded by more friends than I could have imagined I'd have here, and I'm so grateful for them. :)

Oh, yeah. And one more thing. I'm (hopefully) going to Japan this summer!! Me, my boyfriend Dale, and my childhood friend Caitlin learned about an overseas conversational English program called Let's Start Talking, and we're thinking that we'll do that next year! YAYYY!

Well...that's all I have for now. But of course I wouldn't leave you without a video. This one is "Strawberry Swing" by Coldplay. Enjoy!
- Maddi


No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote

" When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
"
- C.S. Lewis

Followers

Copyright Text