Monday, February 8, 2010

Ohmehgawsh, more snow??

Heeeey, whoever's reading this.

So, here in the burning wilderness that is Arkansas, we managed to have two snowy days. I grew up here, and only remember one snow. We got, maybe, three inches, and everything shut down. I made a wimpy, foot-tall snowman, made snow angels, and sledded downhill on a trash can lid. Obviously, this day is one of my favorite childhood memories.

That doesn't compare to recent happenings, however. We got about three inches a few days ago, and school shut down. And no sooner than the last patch melted did we get about *six* more inches. The entire campus rejoiced, constructing snowmen and partaking in the most glorious, most epic snowball fight I had ever witnessed. I wouldn't be surprised if there were more than a thousand people on the front lawn throwing snow at each other.

Unfortunately, angst and frustration at myself kept me from enjoying this second snowfall. I don't think I'll delve too deep into why I'm frustrated, because that would keep me up longer than I want to be right now. I'll just say this much - I'm seriously evaluating my relationship with God and am also suffering from writer's block. I haven't touched my novel in months, and the short story I began more than a week ago is also at a standstill.

So yeah. Prayers would be wonderful.

On the bright side, I my boyfriend and I have almost finished watching "Avatar: The Last Airbender". Yeah, I know that show ended years ago, but I'm a little slow on the uptake. And I don't care that it's a Nickelodeon show. It's awesome.

I'm a bit sad that we're almost done with the series. What are we going to do once we've watched the last episode? D:

No me gusta...>.>

Oh, and I saw the trailer for "The Last Airbender". Um, yeah. I wasn't impressed. But I like M. Night Shaylaman, so maybe it'll be all right.


And with that, I bid you good night.

- Maddi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday, February 8, 2010

Ohmehgawsh, more snow??

Heeeey, whoever's reading this.

So, here in the burning wilderness that is Arkansas, we managed to have two snowy days. I grew up here, and only remember one snow. We got, maybe, three inches, and everything shut down. I made a wimpy, foot-tall snowman, made snow angels, and sledded downhill on a trash can lid. Obviously, this day is one of my favorite childhood memories.

That doesn't compare to recent happenings, however. We got about three inches a few days ago, and school shut down. And no sooner than the last patch melted did we get about *six* more inches. The entire campus rejoiced, constructing snowmen and partaking in the most glorious, most epic snowball fight I had ever witnessed. I wouldn't be surprised if there were more than a thousand people on the front lawn throwing snow at each other.

Unfortunately, angst and frustration at myself kept me from enjoying this second snowfall. I don't think I'll delve too deep into why I'm frustrated, because that would keep me up longer than I want to be right now. I'll just say this much - I'm seriously evaluating my relationship with God and am also suffering from writer's block. I haven't touched my novel in months, and the short story I began more than a week ago is also at a standstill.

So yeah. Prayers would be wonderful.

On the bright side, I my boyfriend and I have almost finished watching "Avatar: The Last Airbender". Yeah, I know that show ended years ago, but I'm a little slow on the uptake. And I don't care that it's a Nickelodeon show. It's awesome.

I'm a bit sad that we're almost done with the series. What are we going to do once we've watched the last episode? D:

No me gusta...>.>

Oh, and I saw the trailer for "The Last Airbender". Um, yeah. I wasn't impressed. But I like M. Night Shaylaman, so maybe it'll be all right.


And with that, I bid you good night.

- Maddi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote

" When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
"
- C.S. Lewis

Followers

Copyright Text